Today marked my first client interview. Basically, a mock client (who is actually a 3L student) comes as a client and we interview them.
I thought it went pretty well; the trickiest part was balancing the question-asking between my self and my co-counsel. I was constantly trying to think what my next question would be and so I wasn't really listening to what the other person was saying. This resulted in our questioning being a bit convoluted. It's also difficult to make sure you're not talking over the other person when you have two people asking the questions. Our "senior partner" (aka our professor) told us that in the real world, we would hardly ever have two people asking questions -- it would either be just you, or the senior partner would do the question-asking while the junior person watched. So our biggest problem is something we won't have to deal with much in the real world.
Overall, I feel like it went pretty well. Now we just have to wait to hear back before we move on. Before then, we have our first big memo due, so as far as our legal writing/practice class goes, that's where all my energy will be focused for the next little while.
In other news, just a little bit of reading to do, since we're behind in Civ Pro (resulting in smaller readings this week -- and I managed to get mine done between classes; now that we're out of Personal Jurisdiction, the reading isn't nearly as bad, anyway) and Torts (meaning we have NO reading tonight!! WOOT!). So just a little bit of Crim Law to do -- which I might have even read earlier in the week. I can't remember right now.
Also, 1L Representatives for the SBA are being voted for today. I live in fear that the Fuhrer will be elected -- but I'm guessing the odds of that are small.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment