While I'm busy mocking people, I should probably mention that after freezing in class two out of the three times I was called on last week (it was like they'd all agreed to torment me last week), I'm probably considered the dumb kid. It's okay with me. If I'm perceived as dumb, they won't think I'm a threat and I can skate through school, studying hard and perhaps being one of those kids that people are surprised at when they get good grades. This is all dependent upon me starting to study a bit more and actually doing well on exams, but I'm optimistic enough at this point to see that happening.
Okay, back to mocking others. It's more fun.
Ah, the Dress Girls. In my mind, I often think of them as future Stepford Wives. DGs wear ribbons in their hair and always look as though they've spent three hours in the morning getting ready (including one at the salon getting their hair done). They often wear dresses (hence the moniker). The unofficial uniform of the DGs is anything from J. Crew. In fact, one of the DGs likes to spend most of Civil Procedure looking at the J. Crew website. It would, after all, be a catastrophe if she were to miss the newest piece of prepster wear. That said, I am kind of impressed that she feels like she understands the reading well enough that she can't pay attention in class; even knowing that my name won't be called there again any time soon, I still live in fear of missing some important point. You know, except for when I'm daydreaming and checking out what kind of online shopping is being done by the DGs.
P.S. I am totally aware that I am just jealous that I can't look that put together in the morning. But I would never give up time exercising or playing with the puppy just to make sure every hair was in place. And let's face it, even if I did take the time, it would still probably be an epic fail.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment