I remember reading through some law school blogs when I was getting ready for law school. Different websites had different names for some of the schools, but they all had the gunner. My classes certainly have some, but they're not as bad here as they have been depicted on some blogs. One kid just always seems to have something to say, another seems the feel the need to bring her personal life into her responses, but my favorite by far is "The Fuhrer."
"The Fuhrer" raises his hand into the air at a direct 90 degree angle, as though he is saluting another Fuhrer. "The Fuhrer" raises his hand with such intensity that it seems that he will wet his pants waiting to be called on. I am fairly sure "The Fuhrer" is already being ignored by our Torts professor; if there is anyone, anyone, else to call on, she'll do it. His response to this is usually to groan and throw his hand into the air with even more determination. But one day, he ignored her a little too long.
"The Fuhrer" will not be ignored. He just decides to speak without being called on. He begins, "I was just going to say...." blah blah blah. I can't continue with his undoubtedly brilliant thought, because I was hiding behind my monitor laughing as quietly as possible. The people I sit with in class could barely contain ourselves, since we'd watched him go from excitement at having something to say, to his insistence on being called on, to his frustration at not being called on, to bursting and just having to say something.
I have to say I laugh a lot at law school. Not always when I should be.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment