As we near the end of July, law camp is imminent. Friday is my last day of work at the libraries and then it's up to New York for 6 days to see friends and family before coming back to Maryland, grabbing my stuff, and moving to my new mini house in law school town. Right now the apartment is getting pretty clean but there are boxes EVERYWHERE, as I've been packing and steam-cleaning and scrubbing kitchens and bathrooms. The dust that gets kicked up is killing me, since I've got a crazy dust allergy.
My friend, who is taking over my current apartment, is moving in on Friday, so I've consolidated all my stuff in one half of the room, so that we can get all her stuff in.
People keep asking me if I'm excited, but honestly, I find moving too much of a pain to be focused on being excited about starting law school. I did receive a letter from my "law office" -- our Legal Writing and Research class, and it looks like we will both interview our first client and write our first memo during law camp. I guess we get things off with a bang.
I also have most of my books, all of which I found pretty good deals for. The only two I don't have yet are ones that were just published this year and which don't have used copies available anywhere. I'll just have to suck it up and order them in the next day or so, but the Torts book is upwards of $100 since it's a new edition -- blech!
Anyway, after two more days of week, one week of family time, and one week of assimilating to my new apartment, my law school adventure will begin. My best friend from home is coming down to VA with me to help me set up the apartment and get settled in -- though I imagine it's our trip to an amusement park that is the real reason she's coming. Either way, it will be nice to have some company as I get started in a new place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment