Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Doomsday Key by James Rollins

James Rollins' Sigma Series is some of my guilty favorite pleasure reading and the newest installment, The Doomsday Key, reminded me why I love hanging out with the Sigma Force characters. I love that the book brings us back to Gray, Seichan, Rachel, Monsignor Verona, Kowolski, Painter, Monk, Kat, and Lisa each time. I love these little glimpses we get into their lives, as they strive to keep the Guild from getting their hands on important and deadly historical and scientfic artifacts.

Rollins is a master at weaving science and history together, and puts in just enough romance to satisfy the girly side of me and enough action to fulfill the rough-and-tumble side. I also love that there's always true history and science forming the background of his stories, so the reader is always learning.

Definitely give these books a try if you want to lose yourself in a race between good and bad as they move towards historical and scientific truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment